Menu

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Book Review: Alibi



TITLE: Alibi
AUTHOR: Terri Woods
ISBN: 978-0-446-58169-1


I recently finished reading,Alibi, by Terri Woods. I've never read anything by her before; this was a treat to try an author that I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

The book is primarily set in Philly and our main character, Daisy, has herself in a bit of trouble. A stripper by night, she shows us a human side to her, she recently lost her mother, fell in love with a man that turns around breaking her heart, she makes an attempt to turn her life around, and just when she makes progress, all hell breaks lose.

I wasn't surprised that Daisy did choose to do the right thing. What I was surprised about was who the individual(s) were that was captured on bank surveillance. Some characters just seemed awkard to me, like the two investigators. They just had an akward relationship, for me it didn't seem real, kinda fake.

For me, this book started off a little slow, despite a murder so early, but the action picked up and I did find this to be a book that was a little hard to put down at times. Was it a great book? No, but it is a good read.


2 comments:

  1. This is a most interesting and different blog.
    Keep it up.
    Mike Draper
    PS I was surprised when the music started.

    ReplyDelete